The DR-Z400SM welcomes you to the exhilarating world of supermotard riding with cutting-edge dual purpose bike designs and stylish, functional top-grade street equipment that captures the essence of free-spirited street riding pleasure. It is fun to ride, whatever street, boulevard or highway you're heading for.
- Blue and gold anodised EXCEl wheel rims
- 398 cc, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC engine, delivering broad, tractable power and torque.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) -plated cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Dry-sump lubrication system makes the crankcase compact and helps achieve low engine positioning for agile handling.
- Lightweight magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing for efficient combustion.
- Compact electric starter motor and automatic decompression system for easy starting.
- Massive 310 mm floating type front disc brake, the same size used on the GSX-R1000.
- Slim bodywork featuring super-smooth transitions between the fuel tank, seat, radiator, side covers and rear fender.
- Long-stroke inverted front forks for an extra-smooth stroking action.
- Long-travel, damping and spring preload adjustable rear shock absorber connected to the stylishly tapered aluminium alloy swingarm with a progressive linkage.
- RENTHAL tapered aluminium alloy handlebars reduce the amount of vibration reaching the grips.
- Narrow, lightweight thin-wall chrome-moly steel tube frame and a bolt-on type, aluminium-alloy subframe made for light responsive handling.
- Front and rear axle sliders for less damage of axles.
- Digital instrument includes speedometer, odometer, dual trip metres with addition/subtraction functions, clock and stopwatch.
- Bright 60/55W H4 halogen headlight, lightweight turn signals and compact taillight/brake light with a compact maintenance-free battery.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||398|
|Bore x Stroke||90.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Carburettor MIKUNI BSR36, single|
|Overall Length (mm)||2225|
|Overall Width (mm)||855|
|Overall Height (mm)||1200|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||260|
|Seat Height (mm)||890|
|Curb Mass (kg)||146|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70R 17M/C 58H, tube type|
|Tyre - Rear||140/70R 17M/C 66H, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||10|
Find out more about the Suzuki
DR-Z400SM - Road Range
Our dedicated sales team is happy to answer any questions you may have about your next motorbike purchase. Feel free to call or email us to discuss in detail, book a test drive, and financing options.
Call Free 0800 655 551Enquire with us